LSC have a great contract opportunity for a Quality Control Analyst to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Cork.
If you have 2+ years' experience in Quality Control or similar function in the medical device, pharmaceutical or related industry and are ready for your next challenge, this could be the perfect project for you!
This position is responsible for carrying out tasks and projects related to raw material, utility, in process, release and stability testing of biotechnology products as required by Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieves a high level of competency in laboratory methods and procedures to support raw material, utility, in process, release and stability testing of biotechnology products.
- Performs routine and non-routine Microbiological and/or Biochemical/Chemical testing activities as required.
- Ensures that all testing is completed, reviewed and approved within agreed turnaround times.
- Ensures QC activities are carried out in compliance with product license commitments, cGMP and company quality standards.
- Trains other QC analysts and Manufacturing personnel in laboratory methods and procedures when required.
- Writes/updates and reviews TMs, SOPs and WIs as required.
- Writes and reviews invalid assays, non-conformances and deviations as required.
- Initiates and drives change controls to completion to implement process improvements.
- Actively participates in JBIL lean initiatives such as Kaizen, 5S and Gemba.
- Is an active member of the QC group and provide assistance with other group activities as required.
- Communicates relevant issues to the QC Team Leader promptly.
SPECIFIC TESTING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Initiation and Maintenance of Mammalian Cell Lines
- Cell Culture Based Bioactivity Testing
- ELIZA Testing
- qPCR Testing
- Environmental Monitoring
- Microbial Identification
- Mass Spec
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES / DETAILED DUTIES MAY APPLY:
- Deputises for the QC Team Leader as appropriate.
- Maintains and develops knowledge of analytical technology as well as cGMP standards.
- Partners with other departments to ensure that all QC testing activities are completed in a compliant and efficient manner.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate as part of a team is critical.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of LIMS, Track wise and Electronic documentations systems.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a high throughput laboratory environment.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Results and performance driven.
- Adaptable and flexible
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc (Honors) in a scientific/technical discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a QC laboratory-testing environment within the biological and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and testing experience in an FDA/HPRA approved QC laboratory.
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As this is a contract opportunity you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
Apply via this advert or contact Sarina Abdulha on 021 4777 329 if you have any more questions about this opportunity!