Emerson are the predominant supplier of automation systems to the biotechnology manufacturing sector in Ireland. Based in Ireland for over 15 years, the company has market leading automation and MES systems as well as associated hardware and field instrumentation. Emerson are looking to significantly increase their team to meet the growth in the sector in Ireland. With offices in both Cork and Dublin, these roles will give opportunities to work on the process automation of major pharma and biotech projects, implementing new technologies and developing industry leading manufacturing information systems. The Irish offices provides automation solutions to the Life Science sector across Europe, with Ireland being the center of excellence for the company’s flagship MES product.
With a large installed base of automation systems in Ireland across most of Irelands biotech manufactures, Emerson have significant opportunities available in both on site and office based roles. This role will involve significant interfacing with the client, modelling the process, developing functional specifications and managing the automation delivery of individual process areas.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to advance their career using Emerson’s talent management programme with significant training on both automation and MES systems as well as industry trends, new technologies and exposure to pharma and biotech processes.
– Support the relevant Lead Engineer in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations.
– Take ownership of the Engineering activities on all allocated work packages and proactively utilise methodologies, resources and techniques for minimising the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard.
– Provide the Lead Engineer with all necessary information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the allocated work.
– Ensure that team members, inclusive of any third parties, are provided with all necessary and relevant information – details of scope, schedule, technical specifications and quality standards – to effectively deliver their allotted work.
– Provide the Lead Engineer with all the necessary information and support to enable them to support the Senior Lead Engineer in the development of the procurement list.
– Fully understand the scope of work within their portfolio, ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Lead Engineer is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer initiated changes in scope.
– Ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
– Provide the Lead Engineer with all the necessary information and support to enable them to support the Senior Lead Engineer in the management of other parties providing products and services.
– Actively share knowledge and experience with the UKI Engineering team and the wider organisation.
– Where the business determines the scope of a project does not justify having a separate Lead Engineer and Senior Engineer then the roles will be combined and the Senior Engineer will undertake both roles.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– 5+ years of experience in a similar role, ideally within a bio or pharmaceutical environment
– A relevant technical degree in engineering, science or computers systems.
– Detailed knowledge of DeltaV and GAMP is necessary
– Knowledge and understanding of biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and the practical impact of regulatory requirements on such operations.
– Ability to plan, organize and communicate effectively at all levels
For more information on this role please contact Eoin on 021-4777329 or apply direct through this advert