LSC require a Senior Materials Engineer to join our team based at a large multinational orthopaedics manufacturing facility based in Cork. The Materials Engineer will be responsible for leading and delivering projects as part of strategic technology Virtual teams. Apply Engineering and Materials knowledge to relevant manufacturing processes both external and internal to optimise end to end manufacturing process. Collaborating with Source, Procurement, R&D, Engineering and Operations functions, the position will be responsible for identifying and leading materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum manufacturing process in terms of Quality, Service and COGS.
As the Materials Engineer you will:
– Take ownership for projects in the area Materials Development
– Have a high level understanding of Materials manufacturing processes
– Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
– Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
– Be responsible for the identification, valuation, planning, organizing, execution, and coordination of quality, deliver and value improvement projects at key, strategic metals suppliers.
– Implement of cost effective manufacturing solutions to drive end to end manufacturing efficiencies in partnership with Source and strategic suppliers – Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
Education and Experience:
– BSc in Materials Science or Engineering.
– 4-6 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
– Desirable: Ph.D. or MSc qualificationin Material Sciences or similar
– Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
Contact Ruthl in LSC on 021 4777329 for full details on this role .