LSC have a great contract opportunity for an Upstream Bioprocess Scientist to join a Cork based Biopharmaceutical company. The site manufactures low volume bulk API for Phase III clinical trials, initial product launch and long-term market support. The team on site grow, purify, formulate, and bulk fill mammalian cell culture derived APIs for medicines intended for human use.
If you have scientific expertise on a variety of small-scale cell culture/microbial fermentation techniques to support process characterization and are ready for your next challenge, this could be the perfect project for you!
ABOUT THE PROJECT - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Critically evaluate the manufacturing process and proactively ideate to identify opportunities for robustness improvement, yield maximisation or cost reduction.
- Participate in the internal network of SME's across the scientific and technical functions namely MSAT, Process Sciences and R&D etc.
- Responsible for the authorship, communication and dissemination of scientific output to scientific & technical functions and MSAT stakeholders.
- Utilise technical writing skills to author protocols, presentations and reports.
- Operate in alignment with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Maintaining a culture of Operational Excellence by applying standard work processes and maintaining laboratory 5S.
ABOUT YOU - ARE YOUR SKILLS A MATCH?
- BSc with 8+ years of experience, MSc or PhD preferred.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and communicate effectively with people of all levels.
- Previous SME or coaching experience desired.
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As this is a contract opportunity you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
Apply via this advert or contact Adam Murphy at LSC on 021-4777329 if you have any more questions about this opportunity!