LSC has an exciting opportunity for a small molecule process engineer to join a pharmaceutical company in Cork. This will be a dynamic environment that is constantly innovating, relies on cutting-edge technology to deliver life-saving medicines. You will be working in a site that supplies active ingredients through complex chemical synthesis and biotechnology manufacturing processes for a range of therapeutics. This is a chance for you to work with a global company that strives for excellence in every aspect of its operation and has a huge reputation for its diverse working culture
ABOUT THE PROJECT - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day-to-day technical support and oversight to Environmental Control & Utilities (EC&U) operations team ensuring critical safety & GMP parameters are maintained within control.
- Provide engineering expertise for WWTP and associated Utility Operations with a focus on safety, compliance, reliability, and energy efficiency.
- Identify and implement capital projects (facility & equipment) as required to improve safety, compliance, productivity, and energy efficiency.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts to address equipment and operational issues associated with difficult unit operations
- Ensure associated equipment is maintained in a qualified and reliable state in line with Lilly quality standards
- Develop & deliver training programs, as required, to the operations team on key unit operations in the area
ABOUT YOU - ARE YOUR SKILLS A MATCH?
- Process Engineering third level qualification.
- Minimum two years' experience in manufacturing areas such as; Production Operations/Unit Operation support (reactions, distillations, crystallizations, drying, milling etc.).
- Production Operations Utility support (e.g., vacuum pumps, waste systems / tanks, scrubbers/vent header systems, solvent distribution systems, high/low pressure nitrogen distributions, vessel heat-transfer systems, HVAC, etc.).
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As this is a contract opportunity you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
Call Peter Cronin at LSC on 021 4777 329 to discuss this new role in detail or apply directly via this advert