LSC have a great contract opportunity for a Senior Automation engineer to join a leading medical device company based in Limerick. The companies FDA regulated Limerick facility has grown consistently over the last 20 years to become one of the most important sites in its global operations. This facility specialises in the production of disposable contact lenses in a state-of-the-art operation which includes injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems in a Class 100,000 cleanroom environment. The facility has over 50 fully automated manufacturing lines and the product is untouched by a human hand from start to finish of the process.
If you have a degree in Engineering or Computer Science and are ready for your next challenge, this could be the perfect project for you!
ABOUT THE PROJECT - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high speed device integration.
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
- Develop User, Functional and Detailed Design Specifications * Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Lead Automation team as part of a project, to deliver robust technical solutions as per project timelines.
ABOUT YOU - ARE YOUR SKILLS A MATCH?
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent
- 5/6 years' experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
- Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Allen Bradley Guard Logix, APT, Siemens S7, Elau, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, FactoryTalk View HMI software.
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As this is a contract opportunity you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
Apply via this advert or contact Paul O'Driscoll at or call the LSC office at 021 477 7329 if you have any more questions about this Senior Automation Engineer opportunity!