LSC have a great contract opportunity for MSAT Associate Scientist to join a Cork based Biopharmaceutical company. The site manufactures low volume bulk API for Phase III clinical trials, initial product launch and long-term market support. The team on site grow, purify, formulate, and bulk fill mammalian cell culture derived APIs for medicines intended for human use.
ABOUT THE PROJECT - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently and within a team to maintain daily laboratory operations and actively communicate risks, setbacks and successes to internal stakeholders.
- Work with other MSAT scientists locally and globally to identify knowledge gaps and provide solutions to increase process understanding.
- Effective execution of experiments and basic problem solving with thorough documentation of experiments and results. Ability to perform data analysis and interpret and present results. An interest in Advanced Data Analytics with experience in RStudio, JMP, DoE would be desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with good organizational skills.
- Collaborate locally and globally, practice open & regular communication with key stakeholders within and outside of BioMarin including Process Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Manufacturing, Quality, Validation, Quality Control, and Facilities Services.
ABOUT YOU - ARE YOUR SKILLS A MATCH?
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, biotechnology or similar with 3-5 years relevant experience in process development, manufacturing sciences or commercial manufacturing.
- Master's or PhD qualification in a relevant technical area would be an advantage.
- Experience working within a regulated or pharmaceutical environment would be desirable.
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As this is a contract opportunity you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
Apply via this advert or contact Cathal Rourke at LSC on 021-4777329 if you have any more questions about this opportunity!