Emerson - MES Lead Engineer - Cork
LSC have a great opportunity for an MES Lead Engineer to join Emerson, a market leading global Automation systems OEM with an extensive product (HW & SW) and service offering.
- The Lead Engineer is a member of the Project Engineering team, which undertakes the design, implementation and factory acceptance test phases of Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) projects.
- The Lead Engineer is a member of the Project Management team on a Project and shall be responsible for managing the delivery of a portfolio of project related Engineering deliverables, utilizing the Process Management global resources and standards; each deliverable having a requisite quality standard, budget and schedule.
- The Lead Engineer shall fully support the overall business growth objectives by utilizing their skills and experience to support the sales and proposals team in the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- The Engineering deliverables that the Lead Engineer is responsible for will typically equate to them managing between 7,000 and 8500 hours per year of Engineering capacity, inclusive of all PSS global resources utilized and any sub-contracted works.
ABOUT THE PROJECT - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Execution - take ownership of the Engineering activities on all allocated deliverables and proactively utilize methodologies, resources and techniques for minimizing the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard.
- Project Management - support the Senior Lead Engineer in the development of a realistic and achievable project schedule and provide them with all necessary information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the Lead Engineer's allocated Engineering deliverables.
- Suppliers - support the Senior Lead Engineer with respect to the management of the other parties - product vendors, sub-contractors, other teams and third parties undertaking work on behalf of a customer - that are providing products and services associated with the Lead Engineer's portfolio of deliverables.
- Internal knowledge transfer - actively share knowledge and experience with the UKI Engineering team and the wider organization.
- Small Projects - where the business determines that the size of a project is such that it does not justify having a separate Senior Lead Engineer and Lead Engineer then the roles will be combined and the Lead Engineer will undertake both roles.
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
To apply, submit your CV via this advert or contact Paul O'Driscoll at LSC on 021-4777329 if you have anymore questions about this MES Lead Engineer opportunity!