LSC has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Equipment / Project Engineer to join a Biotech company in Limerick. You will work at a site that utilises single use systems to deliver a state-of-the-art facility incorporating new technologies to support the rapidly expanding monoclonal portfolio with a specific focus on operational flexibility, environmental sustainability and fast-track delivery concepts. This is a chance for you to work with a global company that strives for excellence in every aspect of its operation and has a huge reputation for its diverse working culture
ABOUT THE PROJECT - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Specification and Procurement of new Laboratory Instrumentation specifically sample handling system.
- Co-ordination and supervision of Lab Vendors and contractor(s) during construction and commissioning/qualification activities.
- Preparation of Lab Deliverables, including Instrument specs, Design Qualification, layout drawings and schedules.
- To liaise with internal/external laboratory and engineering personnel, contract maintenance providers and vendors in identifying lab instruments that need replacing.
- To ensure completion of installation and validation of new and upgraded test instruments and to maintain record and documentation on relevant procedures.
- Assist in the management of vendors and work directly with them on new projects.
ABOUT YOU - ARE YOUR SKILLS A MATCH?
- A BE degree in science is preferred along with 3 to 5 plus years' experience in Analytical/Micro/Quality Lab environment in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry.
- Candidate must have proficiency in a windows-based environment and software (Word, PowerPoint, project, advanced excel and access)
- Knowledge of robotics as applied to laboratory equipment is a distinct advantage.
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As this is a contract opportunity you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
Call Cathal Rourke at LSC on 021 4777 329 to discuss this new role in detail or apply directly via this advert