LSC has an exciting opportunity for a EHS Specialist to join a pharmaceutical company in cork. This will be a dynamic environment that is constantly innovating, relies on cutting-edge technology to deliver life-saving medicines. You will be working in a site that supplies active ingredients through complex chemical synthesis and biotechnology manufacturing processes for a range of therapeutics. This is a chance for you to work with a global company that strives for excellence in every aspect of its operation and has a huge reputation for its diverse working culture
ABOUT THE PROJECT - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight and understanding of contractor management systems
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work e.g., Permits systems, working at height, and implementation of best practice in the areas of personal safety and injury prevention e.g. ergonomics.
- Investigate and provide legislative guidance during incident response.
- Review process and equipment changes to identify potential EH&S impacts.
- Ensure company compliance and continuous improvement in H&S standards by auditing and review of the Health and Safety management systems and programmes.
- Provision of Health & Safety technical advice to management and workforce through interpretation and application of legislation, industry good practice guidance and corporate policies.
- Deliver high quality Health and Safety training and technical support to support H&S programme development
- Health and Safety reviewer/approver on manufacturing related documentation relevant to construction/production facility operation e.g., Job Hazard Analysis, SOPs, Work Instructions, Batch Records etc.).
- Oversee development and continuous improvement of hazard identification, risk assessment and other programmes to meet regulatory and corporate requirements in addition to implementation of industry best practice.
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As this is a contract opportunity you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
Call Paul O Driscoll at LSC on 021 4777 329 to discuss this new role in detail or apply directly via this advert