LSC have a great contract opportunity for EHS Specialist to join a leading medical device company based in Limerick. The companies FDA regulated Limerick facility has grown consistently over the last 20 years to become one of the most important sites in its global operations. This facility specializes in the production of disposable contact lenses in a state-of-the-art operation which includes injection molding, robotics, vision systems and sterilization systems in a Class 100,000 cleanroom environment.
ABOUT THE PROJECT - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the design, implementation, maintenance, and review of the company's Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Monitoring, analyzing and collating of EHS performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients, J&J corporate and regulatory bodies.
- Prepare EHS reports as the need arises for both internal and external groups e.g., J&J Corporate reporting requirements & EPA reporting.
- Perform periodic evaluations and audits to ensure compliance with all EHS permits policies and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory bodies such as local authorities, Environment Agencies, and competent bodies.
- Reinforce the importance of EHS in the organisation and work with site teams to integrate EHS into facility operations and to continuously develop a positive EHS culture.
ABOUT YOU - ARE YOUR SKILLS A MATCH?
- Previous experience working to ISO14001 international standards, preferably within a medical device or related environment is required.
- A relevant third level qualification in Environmental Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 3 years' experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
- Good overall knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in both Environment and Safety.
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As this is a contract opportunity you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
Apply via this advert or contact Paul O Driscoll at +353 214771329 if you have any more questions about this opportunity!