LSC have a great contract opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join a Dublin based Biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative medicines that can help patients overcome serious diseases and improve their quality of life.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Process Automation the Automation Engineer is part of a Projects team in. The Engineer is responsible for ensuring reliable and robust DeltaV DCS and vendor packaged equipment automation system technical design to meet business and process requirements including integration to other systems such as MES and the Data Historian. These IT/Automation systems are part of the overall delivery for the project team.
ABOUT THE PROJECT - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the Automation Technical Leads and actively participating in the creation review and approval of the project deliverables, such as design documents, the configuration build, FAT, installation, commissioning and validation activities.
- Supporting the technical delivery of Automation systems including the site DCS, DeltaV, a number of OEM supplied control systems and their integration to the site MES and Data Historian systems.
- Regularly communicating and collaborating with the project team multi-functional team stakeholders including system vendors.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the site Automation strategy for the lifecycle support and optimisation of the automation systems on site.
- Support the development of site procedures for the administration and maintenance of all systems.
- Actively participate in the ongoing improvement initiatives in support of Operations excellence.
- Ensuring all design & project work is completed in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
ABOUT YOU - ARE YOUR SKILLS A MATCH?
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or the Life Sciences
- Experience providing process control and information systems solutions and support to manufacturing organisations in the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Problem solver with a focus on achievement of overall project goals.
- Proven success working well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs.
Note: Are you currently eligible to work in Ireland? As this is a contract opportunity you will need to hold a Stamp 1G/Stamp 4 visa to apply!
Apply via this advert or contact Paul O'Driscoll at 021 4777 329 if you have any more questions about this exciting opportunity!