LSC has an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join a pharmaceutical company in Cork. This will be a dynamic environment that is constantly innovating, relies on cutting-edge technology to deliver life-saving medicines. You will be working in a site that supplies active ingredients through complex chemical synthesis and biotechnology manufacturing processes for a range of therapeutics. This is a chance for you to work with a global company that strives for excellence in every aspect of its operation and has a huge reputation for its diverse working culture
- Support the relevant Lead Engineer in understanding, managing and achieving each project expectation.
- Take ownership of the Engineering activities on all allocated tasks and proactively utilise methodologies, resources and techniques for minimising the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard.
- Provide the Senior Engineer with all necessary support and information.
- Ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company's quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
- Proactively work with the Computer System Validation Engineer to ensure these deliverables and work practices comply with the project validation and documentation requirements
- Abide by all safety requirements and procedures pertaining to their role
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCIES:
- BS Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 5 years working experience in pharma engineering , operations, or manufacturing
- Prior Process Engineering experience is strongly desired
- Preferable, 5 years experience in batch automation design and distributed control system design
- Demonstrated team work abilities
- Knowledge of GMP'S, regulatory requirements , computer system validation
- Good written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences