LSC is now seeking a Process Safety Engineer for a Waterford based Pharmaceutical client, for a 6 – 9 month contract. Our client is currently undergoing considerable expansion and requires a PSE with relevant pharmaceutical experience from design through to commissioning.
Health, Safety and the Environment
o Comply at all times with the Health, Safety and Environmental policy and associated procedures.
o Propose, develop & implement improvements and modifications from a process safety perspective to process areas and equipment in order to improve operations.
o Oversee project equipment and processes to ensure Safety is built within the design.
o Assist with the development of safety risk assessments as required.
o Ensure Safety process gaps and safety compliance concerns are escalated immediately.
o Ensure all work carried out, is in compliance with the required standards, conforming to company, cGMP, cGLP, SOP’s and regulatory guidelines.
o Take ownership for quality compliance in all activities you are responsible for.
o Oversee project equipment and process commissioning and qualification as per the project VPP.
– Walk down and safety review of the utility installation during construction
– Oversee EHS aspects of final hook-up of utilities to process equipment (from design to commissioning)
o Equipment Functionality
– Possess a solid understanding of current industry standards in terms of product containment and operator exposure protection.
– Understanding of current safety legislative requirements for equipment including:
– Machinery directives & CE marking
– ATEX design for equipment & determining ATEX zone drawings for areas
– Understanding of the product safety requirements and ensuring that process area is fit for use.
– Review the operational functionality of the process and process area.
– Risk assessing of product and process steps to inform requirements in the area to mitigate explosive risks.
– Risk assess process safety requirements in terms of product containment and limiting operator exposure.
– Will either generate or support the generation of all EHS related SOP’s.
– Will review all EHS aspects of procedures for equipment and processes
– HAZOP attendance and supporting the closure of actions identified as an outcome of the HAZOP
Qualifications & Experience
In order to be considered for the position, candidates must be qualified to a minimum with a higher degree in engineering or related discipline and with a minimum of 5 year’s safety engineering experience preferably within a relevant Pharma Environment.
Please contact Kieran on +353 21 4700971 to discuss further or apply directly to this advert