Automation Engineer required for a leading medical device company based in Limerick. This facility specialises in the production of disposable contact lenses in a state of the art operation which includes injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems in a Class 100,000 cleanroom environment.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a leading edge medical device facility with a focus on process innovation, automation and continuous improvement with steady personal growth and development opportunities then call us to find out more.
In this role the Automation Engineer will:
– Develop machine design control systems including servo motion and high speed device integration.
– Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
– Develop Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
– Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
– Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
The Automation Engineer requires:
– 5/6 years experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
– Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, APT, Siemens S7, Elau, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA HMI software.
– Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, data analytics and RFID systems would be beneficial
– Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
If this role is of interest, please call Ruth at LSC on 021 4777 329 or apply directly through this advert