LSC & Emerson require an Infrastructure Engineer consultant for a 12 month contract with a Biopharmaceutical client in Dublin.
Emerson is the predominant supplier of automation systems to the biotechnology manufacturing sector in Ireland. Based in Ireland for over 15 years, they have market leading automation and MES systems as well as associated hardware and field instrumentation.
This position will be based in West Dublin, at one of Emerson’s customers sites. Reporting to the Automation & IT PAS Infrastructure Technical Lead, the DeltaV Infrastructure Engineer is required to support the installation and configuration of the IT Infrastructure associated with the Process Automation System (PAS).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
– Ensuring safe working conditions.
– Support the installation and commissioning of the Process Automation System IT Infrastructure Hardware including Server and networking equipment.
– Provide troubleshooting and hands-on support to resolve technical issues.
– Participate in the turnover process to ensure compliance with BMS standards.
– Making improvements to, and offering advice about, installation and configuration procedures.
– Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines.
– Ensuring that equipment works to its specification.
– Creating and carrying out test procedures.
– Liaising with installation/project engineers.
– Writing reports and documentation.
– Providing technical support.
– Training maintenance and operative staff, where appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– At least 4 years’ experience installation and configuration of Server / Network infrastructure for Virtualised Systems solutions is required.
– In depth experience with regard to the physical installation of Server and network infrastructure.
– Experience with HyperV Clusters and DeltaV Virtual Studio
– Experience with Dell Multi-host blade systems
– In depth experience with DeltaV Administration
– Experience with Active Directory infrastructure and administration.
– Experience with Microsoft Windows Sever 2008, 2012 and 2016
– Experience with Thin Client Software solutions
– Experience in the preparation of method statements, safe plans of action and work permits.
– Understanding of documentation, such as Hardware Design, Network Design, FAT and SAT documentation.
For more information on this role please contact Eoin on 021-4777329 or apply direct through this advert.