Our client is the predominant supplier of automation systems to the biotechnology manufacturing sector in Ireland. Based in Ireland for over 15 years, the company has market leading automation and MES systems as well as associated hardware and field instrumentation. The company is looking to significantly increase their team to meet the growth in the sector in Ireland. With offices in both Cork and Dublin, these roles will give opportunities to work on the process automation of major pharma and biotech projects, implementing new technologies and developing industry leading manufacturing information systems. The Irish offices provides automation solutions to the Life Science sector across Europe, with Ireland being the center of excellence for the company’s flagship MES product.
With a large installed base of automation systems in Ireland across most of Irelands biotech manufactures, the company has significant opportunities available in both on site and office based roles. This role will involve significant interfacing with the client, modelling the process, developing functional specifications and managing the automation delivery of individual process areas.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to advance their career on the companies talent management programme with significant training on both automation and MES systems as well as industry trends, new technologies and exposure to pharma and biotech processes
– Support the relevant Lead Engineer in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations.
– Take ownership of the Engineering activities on all allocated tasks and proactively utilise methodologies, resources and techniques for minimising the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard.
– Provide the Senior Engineer with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the allocated tasks.
– Fully understand the scope of work within their portfolio, ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Senior Engineer is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer initiated changes in scope.
– Ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
– Actively share knowledge and experience with the UKI Engineering team and the wider organisation.
– Where the business determines that the scope of a project does not justify having a separate Senior Engineer and Engineer, then the roles will be combined and the Engineer will undertake both roles.
– Perform other additional specific duties, when requested by the business. These will, typically, be strategic in nature but could potentially be anything that the post holder is suitably qualified and experienced to undertake.
Education and Experience:
– Relevant Engineering or Science Degree (Electrical, Computer Studies, Process, Applied Physics etc.)
– Proactive and able to work effectively within a remote team.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Fluent English (written and spoken) with additional languages preferred
For more information on this role contact Eoin on 021-4777329 or apply direct through this advert.