LSC &Emerson require an Automation Engineer consultant for a 12 month contract with a Biopharmaceutical client in Athlone.
Emerson is the predominant supplier of automation systems to the biotechnology manufacturing sector in Ireland. Based in Ireland for over 15 years, they have market leading automation and MES systems as well as associated hardware and field instrumentation.
This position will be based in Athlone, on-site at one of Emerson’s customers sites. The Automation Engineer is responsible for configuration, operation, maintenance, and administration of the process and facility control and data historian systems.
Roles and Responsibilities :
– Work independently, or with third party system integrators, to configure and implement all automation systems in the client Manufacturing Facility
– Develop, review and approve design documentation
– Develop, review and approve all project standards
– Provide automation expertise to the engineering and operations department on design and sustaining decisions
– Develop and implement standard operating procedures to ensure the future compliance and management of all automation systems
– Ensure all automation systems are delivered and maintained in a compliant and qualified state
– Provide support for all validation activities
– Participate in cross-functional teams to ensure a high level of optimization for all equipment.
– Assist in training personnel on specific automation aspects of equipment
– Design and implement solutions across various automation platforms in line with the automation/site change control procedures
Education and Experience :
– B.S. Degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
– Direct experience maintaining controls networks and communications by Profibus.
– Experience with Siemens PLC’s/platforms and Wonderware.
– Experience of virtualization platforms is a plus, as is IT experience.
– Experience of working within a pharmaceutical environment is required.
For more information on this role contact Eoin on 021-4777329 or apply direct through this advert.