A Senior R&D Engineer is required for a 12 month contract for a global healthcare solutions company in Galway.
This Senior Engineer will partake with a development team providing direction through customer needs; concept iteration, final design and qualification of an entire system in the Cardiac & Vascular space.
Duties & Responsibilities
o Continually identify and assess opportunities for product, technology & process development
o Provide technical leadership in design & development of packaging concepts across key businesses
o Lead technical deliverables with the application of solid modelling & predictive engineering tools to mitigate risk with package design.
o Technical Material analysis in the area of sterile barrier design, to meet the associated distribution environments
o Technical knowledge in the area of pouch and thermoformed tray manufacture.
o Rigorous engineering analysis during design development to allow for smooth transition of Packaging and Labelling (P&L) deliverables throughout the Product Development Process
o Technical level communication and integration across R&D Development Team
o Application of Voice Of Customer through Galway Customer Innovation Centre & via Cat Lab interaction.
o Strong project management execution skills
o Provide Leadership and direction to a core recourse pool (P&L) in driving Packaging engineering deliverables.
o Participate actively with a broad array of Vendors.
o Monitor specific in country regulations as they apply to Packaging Materials and Processes.
o Evolve best practices for packaging qualification of programs against required International standards for both PDP & Process Qualification
o Provide direct input to Sterilization Methods and process changes, with particular input on impacts from a Packaging perspective.
Qualifications & Skills Required
– Qualified to Degree level L8 in Engineering/Science or a related discipline, Masters desirably
– 5 years relevant experience in the medical device R&D sector.
– Packaging engineering experience preferable but not essential for this role.
– You are a team player with strong communication, both written and spoken, and high collaboration/engagement skill set.
– You have a patient/customer focused orientation. – You have a proven design & development competency in a R&D focused organization.
Contact Ruth today on 0214777329 for a further discussion or apply directly with your CV via this advert.