Emerson is the predominant supplier of automation systems to the biotechnology manufacturing sector in Ireland. Based in Ireland for over 15 years, they have market leading automation and MES systems as well as associated hardware and field instrumentation. The company is looking to significantly increase their team to meet the growth in the sector in Ireland. With offices in both Cork and Dublin, these roles will give opportunities to work on the process automation of major pharma and biotech projects, implementing new technologies and developing industry leading manufacturing information systems. The Irish offices provides automation solutions to the Life Science sector across Europe, with Ireland being the center of excellence for the company’s flagship MES product.
The primary objective of the Project Manager will be to deliver assigned MES projects to Emerson’s customers achieving an acceptable level of customer satisfaction.
On assigned projects the Project Manager will be the primary point of contact for the customer on all commercial matters. The Project Manager will utilize internal and third party resources, material and services to deliver the assigned project scope within cost budget, agreed timescales and to the required quality.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
– Deliver assigned projects in accordance with agreed scope, cost budget, timescales and Quality
– Work with Emerson Engineering functions to ensure adequate staffing of assigned projects to meet project criteria
– Work with project support and finance functions to ensure accurate and timely reporting on project performance from business systems.
– Work with the Projects and Engineering Manager and finance to ensure accurate forecasting of project sales, costs & gross Margin
– Engage with Engineering and Service functions to ensure the forecast engineering resources required for the project are well communicated and planned.
– Builds business partnerships with personnel in the customer project team
– In partnership with the procurement function builds business partnerships with key sub suppliers
– Comply with the Emerson Ethical and trade compliance policies
– Comply with Emerson Quality processes and procedures
– Apply PMO project execution methodology to all projects
– The PM will provide leadership to the project team members and promote team working irrespective of where the team members execute their work.
– Where requested engage with the project sales function to support proposal generation, cost estimates and customer sales meetings
– Support the Projects and Engineering Manager in the support and development of less experienced members of the project management team
– Manage cross-divisional workscope, within Emerson, where necessary.
– Proactive management of change and risk.
– Promote the use of Emerson corporate policies within the project environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– Degree in Engineering or suitable equivalent with experience in the MES/IT Business
– PMP certification or equivalent preferable
– Relevant project management / technical management experience
– Knowledge and experience of working on IT, MES systems, data integration, integrating to ERP systems (SAP preferred)
– Previous experience of requirements analysis, scope definition (and then managing a project to that scope), design and implementation of software solutions.
– Experience of the life-science (i.e. GMP) or other regulated environments.
– Some knowledge of manufacturing processes, operational workflow and batch data records.
– Basic financial knowledge
– Exposure to project planning
For more information on this role please contact Eoin on 021-4777329 or apply direct through this advert