Emerson is the predominant supplier of automation systems to the biotechnology manufacturing sector in Ireland. Based in Ireland for over 15 years, they have market leading automation and MES systems as well as associated hardware and field instrumentation. The company is looking to significantly increase their team to meet the growth in the sector in Ireland.
The Operations Director is responsible for all matters relating to the engineering organization of Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) in Ireland.
They work jointly with other department heads in the UK and Ireland (UKI) management team – Manager Projects, Customer Services Manager, Engineering Manager, and Human Resources, to plan, direct and coordinate the delivery of engineering and services to the satisfaction of all clients throughout the lifetime of their assets from concept engineering to operational plant support and optimisation.
The Operations Director will maintain the Operations team with skills and working practices aligned to the business forecast and strategic plan for Ireland. This team will be capable of meeting the needs and expectations of our customers; delivering services and projects effectively and efficiently; utilising the available productivity tools and industry best practices.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
– Customer Care and Relations – Develop working partnerships at project management and senior management level with key customers and suppliers. Be the focal point for ensuring customer satisfaction. Aim to ensure client satisfaction and long term customer loyalty. Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty through exemplary quality in project execution and service delivery.
– Project and Service Delivery Management – monitoring projects and services, ensuring that the technical delivery of all projects and services delivered by the Irish team meet or exceed the contract success criteria and client expectations.
– Business Development – In conjunction with the Sales and Engineering management, develop and maintain the strategic plan for the business that aligns with local industry needs and direction. In partnership with the UK&I management team, develop, review, update and implement the strategic plan in Ireland.
– Line Management – Coach and develop direct reports to ensure managerial depth in the organization and creation of next generation leaders, overseeing the line management of all Ireland engineering personnel (i.e. Project Managers, Project Engineers, seconded engineers) – including organizational structure, recruitment, personnel development, appraisal, grievances etc. Work in conjunction with the Customer Services Manager UK&I to ensure the operational readiness of the Services team.
– Cost Control – In conjunction with UK&I Finance and Sales leadership develop annual operating budgets and drive monthly review and forecasting activity, developing and managing the associated Cost Centre budgets to achieve targets.
– Quality and Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
– Facility and Equipment Management – management and development of engineering facilities to ensure that operational capability is maintained, integrates with the Company global infrastructure and is developed consistent with the levels of business activity.
– Health, Safety and Environment – responsible for the monitoring and implementation of company policies and procedures relating to health, safety and environmental issues.
– Other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed. The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with business requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– Engineering degree or equivalent with further education in business administration, operations, or project management.
– Relevant experience in the automation industry with broad technical knowledge for life sciences industry with some knowledge of other industry segments (Chemicals, Oil & Gas etc).
– Extensive understanding and experience of business drivers in Project Management.
– Broad understanding of business processes and related financial models.
– Understanding of service management and service excellence.
– Strong track record of leading and line managing successfully and an authority in cost & risk management.
– Excellent leadership, people management and coaching capabilities.
– A high level of customer relationship skills.
For more information on this role contact Eoin on 021-4777329 or apply direct through this advert.