Senior EHS Project Engineer required for Medical Device multi-national in the Cork area, to support ongoing project work and the EHSS process in its facility. The role’s responsibilities centre around the provision of EHSS expertise and the implementation of project safety, machinery safety and facility projects to ensure the safe design, installation and operation of plant and equipment. This is a 12 month contract and our client requires professionals with at least 5 years’ experience in EHSS and/or engineering related positions.
– Support of Corporate and Business Unit EHSS strategy and objectives, contributing to development and implementation of global EHSS programs and promoting local alignment
– Provide support to the EHSS Manager and EHSS team as well as operations and engineering functions
– Drive the EHSS agenda within the project teams to meet/exceed best practice for EHSS management and controls
– Execution of a systematic approach to risk assessments ensuring appropriate mitigation of risk in line with corporate EHSS objectives.
– Promote best practice to ensure that site and project machinery and equipment meets current European and corporate standards in respect of the Machinery Directive requirements
– Participate in the site risk assessment review to ensure machinery and equipment standards are maintained.
– Participate in Management of Change control procedure.
– Review and approve validation and control documents as part of the site Quality system.
– Promote the culture of EHS excellence at facility and provide technical leadership in the area of high- quality safety, health & welfare in assigned operations.
– Develop permitting and compliance strategies.
– Supports business continuity and planning emergency response & preparedness efforts as a key member of the team.
– Coordinate EHS technology transfer implementation for new products and operations. .
– Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Medical Devices facility and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Tech Services etc.)
– A minimum of 5 years’ experience in EHSS and/or engineering related positions, with a knowledge of medical device and pharmaceutical processes being desirable
– Experience in EHSS project support including URS development, Management of change procedures, FAT/SAT and IOQs
– Knowledge of and experience in applying ATEX procedures and controls.
– Experience of control document review and approval.
– Experience in machinery safety design, assessment and testing to current EN standards and Machinery Directive.
– Minimum of 3rd Level Diploma in EHS is required.
– Electrical engineering diploma or trade qualification is required.
– Certified Machinery Safety Expert qualification desired.
– Must be computer literate.
– Member of IOSH
For a further discussion, contact Kieran Motherway today on 021 4777329, or apply directly with LSC via this advert, with your up to date CV.