LSC seek an experienced Manufacturing/Automation Engineering Manager for a significant biotech multinational client in the Cork area. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who wishes to progress their career at senior level. The role will support, maintain and develop long-term strategy for the site automation systems within manufacturing, packaging & utilities. The organisation is a research based biopharmaceutical with a successful history in delivering innovative medicines worldwide.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing/Automation Engineering Manager include but are not limited to:
– Manage the delivery of all site automation requirements required to support the business through the use of internal and external automation resources.
– Development of relationships with external vendors to identify suitable resources that can be utilized to support issues resolution when required.
– Development and updating of site automation strategy looking at long-term issues with support, reliability, redundancy etc
– Development of medium to long-term capital investment plan for site automation systems.
– Lead team to deliver site automation projects developing project scope, budget, capital approval and implementation plan.
– Responsible for control of the automation cost within annual budget
– Work as part of wider engineering team to investigate equipment issues investigating the control system logic and its impact on the issue.
– Review systems performance to identify reoccurring issues and develop both long & short term actions to resolve same.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills required:
– Good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are required.
– Working in a regulated environment and the requirement to follow change control procedures and test documentation.
– Project management experience of automation / IT type projects
– Experience of programing and fault finding on PLC & SCADA systems in particular Siemens S7, iFix, SQL & Crystal reports.
– Maintenance of hardware platforms such as HMIs, PLCs & servers etc.
– Ability to prepare & update Disaster recovery plans, & input to site Business Continuity plans.
– Knowledge of virtual environment technology in a GMP manufacturing environment.
– Data historian systems & communication interfaces to all external systems.
– Have an understanding of control system communication technologies (profibus/CAN/Asi Bus etc)
– Working knowledge of industry standards and guidelines such as GAMP & ISA.
– Previous experience in engineering in highly regulated manufacturing environments desirable.
– Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
– Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
– Operationally excellent
– Solid relevant experience in automation
– Requires a degree level qualification in Science / Engineering
An attractive salary and benefits package will be available to the successful candidate. Please call Kieran for a further discussion on +353 21 4777329 or apply directly via this advert.