LSC seeks a Project Engineer for a global medical device multinational in the Cork area for a 12 month contract. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a global team who will develop and bring to market a next generation hip system. Working in the Innovation Centre daily you will interact with Quality, Operations and the Design team to develop this system throughout its lifecycle from concepts to market launch. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of technological product advancement in the medical device sector.
– Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities. To cultivate external relationships and forge internal collaboration across all levels of the enterprise.
– Drive innovation by anticipating and shaping industry and market changes to advance health care globally. To translate insights into viable products and solutions that create value.
– Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams. To empower people to act with speed, agility, and accountability
– Lead Value Engineering activities while ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
– New Product Introduction
– Lead technology selection and process design for new product manufacture.
– Manage equipment Asset Lifecycle (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ), PFMEA/risk assessment studies and process Verification/Validation activities.
– Lead process optimisation activities.
– Deliver stable, lean manufacturing solutions.
– Budget control
– Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device or equivalent regulated environment
– Proven track record of successfully delivering projects
– Strong decision making and problem solving skills
– Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
– Proven Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
– Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
– Excellent Planning & Organisational Skills
– Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
Contact Kieran today for a further discussion or respond directly to this advert with your CV. Visit http://lscconnect.com/ to view all our current contract vacancies in the Life Science sector.